C.H.A.N.G.E. Seeks Donations for Expansion
Oct 31, 2013 05:22PM
C.H.A.N.G.E. Fitness (Creating Healthy Actions through Nutrition & Group Exercise), part of the Spring Street Community Development Corporation, has been fighting the obesity epidemic for the past year in Morristown. The program’s mission is to help people reach a healthy weight by providing opportunities for everyone, regardless of financial ability to pay, to get fit and learn about nutritious food choices. (There is a low cost or no cost to those who show a need.) As C.H.A.N.G.E. looks to expand in its current location to offer a larger group exercise space and a weight training area, the group is seeking donations of the following items:
- Laptop for bookkeeping and attendance keeping
- Hardwood floor for 2000–3000 square feet (working out on hardwood floor helps prevent injury)
- Drywall to put up walls and ceiling in current and new space
- Mirror to opposite walls in new space
- Large metal cabinets for fitness storage and nutrition supplies
- 50-inch TV to run fitness videos & seminars on nutrition
- Dumbbells (4 sets of 1–10lbs)
- Cardio machines (elliptical, treadmill)
C.H.A.N.G.E. is solely funded by donations from organizations, individuals, and the income from those who can afford the cost of the class. The group is also looking into grants to help fund its growth. Current instructors, maintenance people and administrators volunteer their time and talents.
Donations can be made payable to the Spring Street Community Development Corporation FBO C.H.A.N.G.E. Fitness, 65 Spring Street, Morristown, NJ 07960.