December 2013Nov 30, 2013 01:20PM ● By Ana Rincon
You probably don’t hear from magazine publishers very often, as we are usually juggling a zillion things while trying to be five places at the same time. But I wanted to give you my wish list and share some holiday tips as well.
I must admit, anew iPad would be fun this year, but that can wait. Instead, here are some wishes and dreams for true and real gifts. They may be grandiose, but perhaps they are part of the spirit that can be carried within us all as we move into 2014.
- That we show affection, respect and gratitude to our immediate family and friends, and let them know they are loved unconditionally.
- That as human beings, we may begin to truly value all people and honor everyone daily with simple dignity, respect and hope for the future—and teach our children these ways by example.
- That as citizens of this country and of the world, we can put our political and ideological differences aside and work toward lasting economic, spiritual and social healing.
- That as keepers of Earth, we may realize that every action or inaction has an effect on generations ahead, and consciously work toward a healthier and sustainable environment for all creatures.
- And that as part of the grand web of life, we may more fully honor and respect the beauty in all things and give thanks daily for this wonderful planet Earth that we call our home.
Santa, we’ve also left you a few copies of December’s issue of Natural Awakenings to enjoy with your almond milk and gluten-free cookies. Please give a copy to Mrs. Claus, as we know she’ll enjoy our Conscious Eating section, which includes lots of yummy recipes for healthy eating. Pass your copy along to the elves in your North Pole workshop. We think they’ll want to read our article about Green Merry Making.
Oh, and Santa, just a thought after all those cookies—please check out the article in our Fit Body section about solo workouts.
One final thought for you, Santa. If while making your rounds this year, you find you’re missing a few gifts for all the good girls and boys, please be sure to visit our Natural Awakenings advertisers and distributors. They’ll help you find the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
Wishing you a peaceful and magical holiday season, and a world of happiness in 2014!