Healthy Resolutions for the New Year
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Lao Tzu
As the new year dawns and we make our health resolutions, it’s best to think in terms of taking many small steps instead of one big step that may be too overwhelming and unattainable. Especially when it comes to resolving to make changes to what we eat, baby steps offer us more staying power for the long run. Here are five easy tips for keeping diet resolutions:
1. Don’t become frustrated if you derail. You are human. Just start over again the next day.
2. Add simple things to your daily routine, such as drinking two more glasses of water throughout your day to hydrate yourself. Thirst is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Bring more greens into your diet by opting for salads with protein for lunch instead of sandwiches.
4. Drink your greens by trying juicing. Use spinach as your base and add fruits and water.
5. Take a multivitamin to ensure that your body receives proper nourishment. Supplements can boost your immune system during flu and cold season, help with heart health and fight free radicals to fend off disease.
Christina McGeough is a representative for Shaklee healthy home, beauty, weight and nutrition products. She can be reached at 973-660-0111 or by visiting Mcgeough.myshaklee.com.