Healing as a LifestyleFeb 01, 2023 12:24PM ● By Janet StraightArrow
Working with people as a healer for decades led me to teach healing as a lifestyle. So often, self-awareness and care can elevate our pain and suffering.
The Top Ten Things You Can Do To Stay Healthy
- Choose health with every thought and action. Stay aware of what creates health and what creates pain and disease.
- Drink more water. Hydration keeps our cells and organs functioning at maximum vibrancy. Lack of water creates a desert in our body, and we dry up, and the body shuts down more each day. Dehydration is one of our mental and physical problems from youth through elder health issues.
- Eat nourishing foods. Whole foods nutrition is best. Fruits, vegetables, grains, and proteins are needed to fuel those hydrated cells and our entire body. In addition, mind, body, spirit, attitude, focus, and thriving require fuel that supports us.
- Mental health support is essential. A positive, loving, grateful mind keeps our body in top shape. Ask for help to find a way to stay uplifted and hopeful even in tough times. Making a choice to choose the best in life, and letting go of being a victim, is the best focus to heal and grow.
- Movement. Our body needs exercise and activity. Unfortunately, our computer and desk job lifestyle keeps our body and mind static. Taking breaks, developing new habits, walking, biking, dancing, yoga, and more can free up our bodies to stay in perfect health.
- Play. Working on a soul level, we find the joy, wonder, and playfulness we have been missing inside. Even self-care is not severe. Make it fun to uplift, nourish and support yourself.
- Mindfulness. Much of our life is on autopilot, and we must honor our body and life with full participation.
- Remember, our nature is perfect health. Every cell of our body seeks balance to heal ourselves. Our job is to support our health and allow the body to return to its natural state of health.
- When something hurts or stops functioning well in your body, address it immediately. Our body has intelligence and speaks to us with pain and dysfunction to get our attention.
- Instead of rushing to take pain relievers or medicines, ask your body and inner wisdom what is needed to come back to health. The suggestions above are often more healing than pills. Seek medical help when required. Know that your habits and choices support your body and mind or break it down.
Living consciously and knowing we are more in control of our health and well-being is powerful. Extend your life, improve your mood, live vibrant health, and have fun in being alive.
Janet StraightArrow is a shaman, healer, Reiki master teacher, and sage. Her work and focus are to help you to Be The Medicine in your life. For information, email [email protected], call 973-647-2500 and visit Bethemedicine.com for private sessions and classes.
See ad, page 9.